Both Kids and Teens Benefit From Orthodontics
Orthodontic treatment benefits children for a variety of reasons. If you are thinking about seeking orthodontic treatment for your son or daughter, knowing the benefits of orthodontics may help you make a smart decision.
The Benefits Of Orthodontic Treatment For Kids And Teens
An orthodontist in Portland Oregon says that orthodontics are a regular schedule of treatments designed to correct or prevent bite problems of the teeth. Orthodontics can be the perfect answer to help correct chewing and bite problems, speech problems, eliminate pain, or to correct crooked teeth. The creation of a beautifully aligned, straight smile is often the main reason parents go looking for a consultation from his Portland pediatric dentists office.
Children and teens can benefit by orthodontics by:
- Correcting overbites or underbites , assisting in better chewing, swallowing, and speech function by widening the palate, and altering teeth overcrowding issues.
- Treatment can treat painful conditions, like TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder).
- Enhancements to a persons confidence can be achieved by fixing issues like nonexistent or crooked teeth, narrowing large spaces , and more .
- When teeth are properly aligned through orthodontics, care for them can be achieved much easier.
- Children who have been fortunate enough to get the braces they need learn what it means to take responsibility in their oral care . They learn it is essential to maintain the results achieved through their orthodontic treatments.
Orthodontics for kids and teens have many benefits. If you are looking at the possibility of getting orthodontics for your teen , consider scheduling a consultation with an orthodontist to get the full story of how orthodontics work and the requirements of both parents and children during the treatment.
You and your child will be cheerily surprised at the advances which have been made in braces. They aren’t the huge metal contraptions they were just 15 years ago. Now you have plenty of choices: ceramic or littler brackets, Invisalign clear trays, and more.
So how long do orthodontics treatments last? Generally, and depending on the severity of the problem, they can last from 1 to 3 years. Kids get used to them too, and are commonly good at keeping up with the directions given by the doctor. Parents love it too – especially the wide smiles at the end of the treatment!