Your Guide To Cleaning Your Jewelry
A woman loves to wear pieces of jewelry not only for confidence but because she feels sexy and not to mention these pieces make her look more stunning. Many types of jewelry are available today and they are made of different materials.
Pieces of jewelry can be made of gold, silver, platinum and so on. Aside from what type of material the jewelry is made of, it is also important that you know how to take care of them and preserve them so that it can last longer.
Listed below are simple ways on how to take good care of your jewelry:
1. Never go to bed without taking off the tiniest piece of jewelry you have on.
2. Make sure you choose a jewelry box that is lined with a soft cloth.
3. A tissue or a soft cloth can be a good alternative if you don't have a box to protect your jewelry from scratches or dust.
4. Don't forget to take off your ring when you wash your hands or when handling strong chemicals. Keep your gold jewels away from chlorine because this can cause cracks. A gold jewelry of 18 karats up can resist this damage.
5. Use suitable jewelry cleaning agents. There are many cleaning agents specifically made for jewelry. Avoid using chlorine, vinegar, baking soda or any other agents because although these may may those pieces shine, they can diminish the overall integrity of the jewelry.
6. Following a sweaty activity like jogging, walking, or working out, remove your jewelry and clean it using a soft-bristled brush with lukewarm water to remove sweat and dust.
7. A mild detergent or a small amount of diluted rubbing alcohol with lukewarm water can be used as an alternative if you don't have any cleaning solution.
Of course, using a cleaning solution which is made for jewelry is always better since this can preserve the color, luster and shine of those precious pieces.
These tips can help you preserve those precious jewels so that you can have it longer. You can even hand it over to the next generation as an heirloom. Strong metals which can last forever if taken cared of are gold, silver and platinum.
However, these types made of these metals don't come cheap. That's why you should not take them for granted and handle them with proper care.
Get the latest designer costume jewelry online which is the only place you'll get it without the celebrity cost. You can choose among the most fabulous ladies jade bracelet collections and great selections of earrings, bracelets and all other jewelry you can't wait to wear.